Stowe Operates an Excellent Wills & Probate Service
Need to arrange expert, bespoke Will writing services or are you disputing and challenging an existing Will?.. Looking to resolve ‘intestacy’ issues from a relative who died without leaving a Will?.. Need professional guidance on matters of Power of Attorney? Arrange an appointment with our Wills, Tax, Trusts & Probate experts today.
Stowe Family Law launched its Wills, Tax, Trusts & Probate service in October 2013. This is a valuable in-house service for new and existing Stowe Family Law clients: the terms of an existing will remain in force until the decree absolute is granted, but in general, a new Will needs to be drawn up at the outset of any divorce or separation. If appropriate, any joint property needs to be severed.
Our specialist solicitors are members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and Solicitors for the Elderly. We help clients to preserve assets and help them plan for and protect the futures of themselves and their families.
“Stowe Family Law guided me through the whole process professionally and compassionately. I can never put into words properly the gratitude I feel for all the help I received” – Hale Client.
Expert Wills and Estate Planning Advice
Whether you are looking for a new Will to be written or are disputing and wishing to challenge an existing Will, Stowe Family Law’s in-house experts in Wills, tax, trusts and probate and dispute resolution can professionally assist. Book an appointment at our offices across the UK for an initial appointment to discuss your case.
Jane Gray is a solicitor in Stowe Family Law’s Hale office in Cheshire. She has 15 years of experience in Wills, tax trusts and probate law and is a fully qualified member of the Society of Trusts and Estate practitioners (STEP). She is also an Associate Member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE).
She deals with bespoke Wills involving inheritance tax planning and trusts, allowing wealth to pass to the next generation and advises on many aspects of later life, including Lasting Powers of Attorney and general mental capacity issues arising under the Mental Capacity Act 2005. She also advises on all aspects of estate administration and probate.
Wendy Scarr is one of Stowe Family Law’s private client solicitors, based in the firm’s office in Harrogate and works across the Yorkshire offices. She is a fully qualified member of The Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and has more than 12 years of experience in Wills, Tax, Trust and Estate Planning.
She has experience in Lasting Powers of Attorney, Court of Protection matters and dealing with complex cases, including taxable estates and probate work.
- Wills incorporating trusts for inheritance tax planning and to ring fence assets to protect beneficiaries on divorce
- Wills for business owners and entrepreneurs to facilitate succession planning
- Wills as a part of relationship planning including marriage, cohabitation and protection against divorce
- Wills where there are overseas assets and domicile issues
- We advise upon the devolution of your estate generally and the impact of pension death benefits and assets owned jointly between two parties
- Tailored advice to trustees about trust administration
- The rights of beneficiaries under trusts
- Trust documents, including property trusts
- Setting up trusts dealing with administration
- Acting as trustees
- Estate administration
- Advise on executors and trustees from practical aspects to inheritance tax
- Advise executors and trustees about their duties and how they can protect themselves from personal liability
Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs)
- Preparation of LPAs
- Advice on the legal test for capacity and medico-legal requirements of LPAs
- Complex cases about disputed trusts, disputed wills, or where there are disputes between trustees and beneficiaries
- Specialist advice on claims against an estate for reasonable financial provision to be made for a disappointed beneficiary
- We act for executors to defend claims against an estate
- Disputes involving lasting power of attorney