Stowe Family Law does not offer assistance on a pro bono basis. However, we do offer regular 30 minute free advice clinics, at which qualified Stowe Family Law solicitors provide practical, face-to-face advice and support.
In these Family Legal Advice Clinics, qualified Stowe Family Law solicitors are available to provide practical, face-to-face advice and support.
Here is a review of clients whom the firm has successfully helped on a pro-bono basis:
- Mrs. Sally Clark, for whom we obtained previously undisclosed evidence that led to the quashing of her conviction for the murder of her two children. It also led directly to the freeing of other women from prison, the acquittal of others, children being returned to their natural families, an overhaul of the criminal and civil court procedures and medical and government reviews.
- A student in relation to race concerns at a university, which formed part of a national focus on the issue.
- A child and his family in relation to an education law dispute with his school. With our assistance, the child remained at his school.
- A father who, several years earlier, had been permanently injuncted by a court from contact with his child. With our assistance, the injunction was ordered to be lifted.
- Certain divorced wives on their successful appeals of an order of a lower court.
- A high-level dispute with the Child Support Agency, in which the wife had agreed a clean break from her former husband on the basis of agreed child support. The father thereafter sought a reduction and we assisted her pro bono in her appeal to the Child Support Agency and a referral back to court of the entire case.
- A dispute between a university student and her father to obtain appropriate funding for her studies.
- An international custody case on behalf of a terminally ill mother, which included representations pro bono to a foreign court by our International Family Law Department.