Call us: Mon - Fri 8:30am - 7pm, Sat - Sun 9am - 5pm
Call local rate 0330 056 3171
Mon - Fri 8:30am - 7pm | Sat - Sun 9am - 5pm

Complaints about our services

We will always attempt to resolve any problems that may arise with our service and we wish to ensure that any concerns are dealt with promptly and to your satisfaction. It is therefore important that you immediately raise any queries or concerns about our work in the first instance with the solicitor representing you.

If you would like to make a formal complaint, you can do so in the following ways:-

By email to [email protected],

By  telephone to 01423 532600 asking to speak to the Managing Partner of the lawyer who is handling your case

By post to our Harrogate office.

We have a written complaints procedure which is available upon request. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

In the case of a complaint about a bill, there might also be a right to object to the bill by applying to the court for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. However, we would point out that if all or part of a bill remains unpaid, we may be entitled to charge interest – any such entitlement being set out in the Billing Arrangements section of our client care letter.

If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider the complaint. Their website is at:

This organisation is the statutory body to whom you may refer your complaint once we have concluded our professional obligation to try and resolve it.

The time limit for you to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman is six months from our final response to the complaint. There are two additional time limits: The Legal Ombudsman will accept complaints up to six years from the date of the act/omission, or three years from when you should have known there was a problem. The Legal Ombudsman can be contacted at:

Legal Ombudsman: PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

Telephone number:0300 555 0333 Email:[email protected]

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Online Dispute Resolution (ODR).  If you are a client and we have made a contract with you by electronic means (website, email, etc.) you may be entitled to use an EU online dispute resolution service to assist with contractual disputes should any arise. Details of this service may be found at

Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Alternative complaints bodies, such as Ombudsman Services (, ProMediate ( and Small Claims Mediation ( exist which deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme.

It is not our policy to make any charges for assisting in resolving client care issues.


Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up for advice on divorce and relationships from our lawyers, divorce coaches and relationship experts.

    What type of information are you looking for?

    Privacy Policy