Christopher’s divorce and finance practice comprises the following:
- – Defended divorce and contested applications for Decree Absolute
- – Pre-acquired and post-separation assets
- – Farming matters – inherited wealth, third-party interests and intervenors
- – Businesses, trusts, high value, foreign or complex asset structures
- – Pensions
- – Freezing injunctions
- – Capitalisation / variation of spousal maintenance
- – Civil Partnerships
- – Schedule 1 Children Act 1989.
- – In addition, Christopher’s children law practice includes internal and external relocation (leave to remove) matters
Training & employment experience
Christopher studied law at the University of Hull, where he developed an early interest in family law, particularly in relation to the financial claims arising out of marriage.
Following completion of his undergraduate degree, Christopher undertook the Bar Vocational Course in Leeds and was called to the Bar in 2010 by The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn.
Throughout his time in practice Christopher has specialised in matrimonial finance and divorce. His cases frequently involve very significant assets and complex company, pensions and tax structures.
In addition, Christopher advises Clients and acts in cases with an international element and complex private law children disputes.
Christopher has opened several Stowe offices, and is now Managing Partner at Stowe Family Law’s Harrogate, Beverley, York and Malton offices.