I was recently asked by The Daily Telegraph to offer my guidance on how couples might divorce without using up all their falling wealth in these harsher times.
I have included below a summary of my tips. You can read the full feature here.
- Move swiftly.
- Get your timing right.
- Make interim arrangements for paying bills.
- Save, don’t splurge.
- Consider using a collaborative lawyer.
- Look out for deliberately low offers and valuations.
- Always remember to keep valuing assets
- Cash is king in a recession
- Avoid Mesher orders.
- Know what to do if your spouse goes bankrupt.