Expert Probate and Estate Planning Solicitors
If you are looking for advice on probate, Stowe Family Law’s in-house team can assist you. Book an appointment at our offices across the UK for an initial appointment to discuss your case and they can tell you the best steps to take.
We help family members to navigate the rules governing collecting assets after the death of a loved one. Our advice extends to the complex rules in operation should a loved one die intestate (without a valid will).
Our Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) qualified solicitors offer efficient and practical help at a difficult time.
We work at a pace to suit the individual and have a breadth of experience covering the following areas:
- Identification of assets forming part of the estate
- Obtaining formal valuations for the Probate Court
- Drafting the required paperwork to obtain a Grant of Probate or Grant of letters of administration
- Identifying the Inheritance tax payable and any planning measures to mitigate such tax
- Identifying Income tax requirements and liaising with accountants where required to fulfil such liabilities
- Preparation of an account for HMRC for Inheritance Tax
- Negotiations with HMRC as to the Tax payable and obtaining a clearance certificate
- Dealing with requirements to transfer any foreign property
- Communication with beneficiaries
- Advising executors/administrators in relation to disputes that can arise as part of the administration, including advice upon Inheritance (Provision for Family and dependants) Act 1975 claims against an estate
- Advise executors and trustees about their duties and how they can protect themselves from personal liability
book a consultation today.